Common myths regarding abortion

Myth: Women have always aborted their children because it is a “natural act” that has been used to control the size of families throughout history.

Fact: The historical evidence seems to imply that women have aborted their children but not at the incidences that are promoted by the United Nations (for illegal abortion). ). In fact there is abundant evidence from historical fertility rates that abortion has rarely exceeded the normal murder levels seen in any society throughout history. Furthermore, if and when abortion has exceeded the normal homicide rates the fall of society would happen in a matter of generations due to a number of factors, such as economic and/or lack of young men needed to build armies to resist attacks from surrounding tribes and kingdoms, a very common occurrence in primitive societies. Not conspicuously, the United Nations illegal abortion estimates come from the Guttmacher Institute, which was formed by Planned Parenthood to create propaganda to legalize abortion and reduce the population of people of color. This is a clear conflict of interest.


Myth: “Reproductive Health”, ie abortion and birth control limit widespread starvation.

Fact: There is no evidence to prove that abortion has ever stopped famines. This is because the earth produces much more food than can be consumed and famines only occur because of political interests.


Myth: “Reproductive health”, ie abortion and birth control create stable economies.

Fact: Depopulation policies like “Reproductive Health” can’t maintain a stable replacement fertility rate (generally understood to be 2.1) but will eventually cause the economy to fail due to decreasing economic demand as each age demographic (ie. 0-20, 21-40, etc.) begins to fall. The reason why a fertility rate cannot be maintained long term is very simple: the most fertile women in society are also the ones more likely to have abortions (when legal). This group of women have considerably more children per person even though they represent only 25% of the population. Also, as a group they have more children than the other remaining 75 percent of women of childbearing years. Thus, when this group chooses to significantly limit their number of children the fertility rate will fall well below the replacement rate, as we are now seeing in Western countries.


Myth: If women can’t have abortions the streets will be filled with abandoned children.

Fact: The notion that prohibiting legal abortions will implicate a significant increase in the abandonment of children is not based on the available evidence. According to available data the ratio of children in the US foster care system to live births has experienced a steady increase since 1950, in spite of the legalization of abortion in 1973.